Do It Yourself
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Adventure I. A Scandal in Bohemia An Excerpt “MY DEAR MR. SHERLOCK HOLMES,—You really did it very well. You took me in completely. Until after the alarm of fire, I had not a suspicion. But then, when I found...read more
Electrical fires in our homes claim the lives of 485 Americans each year and injure 2,305 more. Some of these fires are caused by electrical system failures and appliance defects, but many more are caused by the misuse and poor maintenance of electrical appliances, incorrectly installed wiring, and overloaded circuits and extension cords. Electricity is a basic part of residential life in the United States. It provides the energy for most powered items in a contemporary home, from lights to televisions.read more
What is a panel? The panel has several different aliases: breaker box, electric box, electric board, breaker board, service box...All of which describe the same thing. We refer to it as the "panel". Your panel, depending on when your home was built, can be in a...read more
Tip of the Day
Remind children that wires, electrical equipment, sub-stations, and transformers are extremely dangerous and off-limits.